Dear Friends,
On Friday I (Brad) will leave for Uganda where I will be leading a team of 7 men on a 15-day short-term missions trip to help rebuild a house belonging to World Harvest Mission and currently being used as housing and ministry center for WHM missionary, Pat Abbott, who works with women, AIDS patients, and their children. The house, which burned down 2 years ago, is located in Fort Portal near the western border with Congo. I’ll be going with a very skilled group of men from NC, MD, WA and Chile (Chip Jones, our former teammate.)
I'm a bit stressed about planning as there won’t be daily trips to the lumber yard/hardware store like is common on our jobs in Chile. There are a few places in Fort Portal that sell a limited supply of building materials so our plan is to take what we can from the States and buy the rest of what we need in Kampala on the day we arrive. It’s a 5-hour drive from there to Fort Portal, so we only get one shot at it. Please pray that we will be well enough prepared to get it right the first time!
If time and resources allow, we also hope to do some construction work at a nearby Christian school and repairs at the home of a local Ugandan pastor. Some of us will also make the day’s journey to Budibugyo, where WHM has a large team involved in medical and mercy ministries. Bundibugyo is in the western-most district of Uganda, just across the border from the Republic of Congo, and the area where many Congolese have fled to escape the violence in their country. This will be an opportunity for us to see the needs there and plan for future short-term teams to the area.
I am writing to ask for your prayers for our team and our work in Uganda. Would you please pray for our progress and safety on the job, avoidance of the many health risks there, opportunities to encourage believers and bless unbelievers, and His care over our families while we are away?
When we return I will update you on the numerous short-term team possibilities for next year. Hope you will consider joining a team!
Thanks so much, and blessings,
Brad & Margarita Wallace
No comments:
Post a Comment