Saturday, June 1, 2013

May 26, 2013 - MTW - Australia -


Greetings to all--
This was a good ministry day!  Jordan and I participated in the local Rotary Club's "Give a Damn-Give a Can" food drive.  We picked up donated food in our neighborhood.  We dropped it at a local park where it was counted.  Then, we were loaded back up for churchfreo.  (I hope attached "photo-3" works!)  Thank God with us for the food we use in serving the community in which it has pleased God to have us.
We arrived at the building to find an unusual sight.  It was an abandoned "squat" on our front porch.  (I hope attached "photo-5" works!)  99 times out of 100 folks sleep at our building and never leave a trace. I laughed out loud to hear one of our former streeties say, "Disrespectful" in regard to the mess left behind.  Please pray for the one who made the mess and thank God that streeties have been able to get off them!
Thank God with us that Jimmie Lynn is home.  It's great to not have to travel to visit her.  Please pray for a speedy, speedy recovery.  Please pray for the family to be part of Jim's solution and NOT part of her problem!  Please pray that THIS TIME is the fix!
Some quick bullet points for prayer from your responses to our emails:
Jim Kelly:  The "bender from hell" continues!  Getting him a new mattress and latex matress cover this week.
Claudia: (3-story fall) Whereabouts unknown.
Dan: In the gathering tonight.
Selina:  Looks and sounds good while struggling with pain from the removal of lymph glands.  Tomorrow I plan to take her some killer Beef Stroganoff, ala Jordan. 
Thank you everyone for your faithful, sustaining prayers and for so many of you who support us financially as well!
Grace and peace,
Chuck 


No comments:

Post a Comment