Tuesday, June 16, 2009

April 19, 2009 - MTW Australia

To those who so faithfully pray--

We thank God for a more “normal” night. The gathering was smaller this week and we were able to minister in a less frantic way than last week. When I say “normal” I mean that we had enough food, we had some more new folks and the waste drain under the coffee machine backed up sending sewerage into the kitchen floor. Ah, yes...

Thank God with us for S (I didn’t recognize him tonight!) and now T being off the streets. It is challenging churchfreo financially and God is being faithful to provide for ministry to this subculture of the West Australian society. Please pray for J, he too lives on the streets and is struggling with addiction to drugs. His old van is parked in our parking area with a blown engine. It may be God’s way of keeping him around for a season. He’s been coming to bible study and asks some amazing questions. Pray for him as he is hearing the gospel week after week, that it would please God to save him soon.

Please keep praying about the use of our building. It is getting cramped in our current format. Pray that God will give us wisdom and guide us as we consider whether to adjust the building or the format of the gathering.

I'll keep it short this week and close with a quote from T, who told one of the other “streeties” regarding churchfreo: “It’s the only church I’ve ever been to where they handed me a full plate instead of an empty one.”

In Jesus’ name,
- Chuck & Jimmie-Lynn Linkston

No comments:

Post a Comment